Who we are
The Pier Road project provides specialist community alcohol and drug services for people living in Bexley, led by the South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, in partnership with Humankind and St. Giles.
- We aim to provide a comprehensive and high quality service in a caring and respectful environment.
- Working with you to improve your quality of life and achieve your goals on your journey to recovery.
“The service was very good at making a dramatic impact on my ability to control and then stop my drinking. Very helpful.”
– Service User
- Integrated recovery focussed treatment for dependent alcohol and opiate/crack users including community detoxification and substitute prescribing
- A day programme including group sessions and 1-2-1 support
- Outreach services including home visits
- Evening support
- Service user groups and peer mentors
- SMART Recovery Groups
- Education, Training and Employment advice
- Support, information and advice for families and friends
- A specialist service for pregnant alcohol and drug users and their partners
- Physical health checks, Blood Borne Virus testing and vaccinations
- Needle exchange
- Integrated planned residential detox